Children dribble ball for nearly 30 miles over Remembrance weekend
- Credit: Archant
Football mad children have collectively dribbled a ball for more than the distance of a marathon to raise money over Remembrance weekend.
Players and coaches at the Norwich United under nine youth football team covered nearly 30 miles to fundraise for The Royal British Legion.
They completed sections of the challenge separately, due to the second national lockdown, but cheered each other along in a team WhatsApp group.
Brendon Lansdowne, coach, said: “The day went really well, in total we achieved 29.1 miles, which was amazing. The children loved it and we are all very proud of the amount we have raised.”
Two signed Norwich City items have also been donated to the team to raise more money.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lansdowne added: “With the auction and donations still coming in, we hope this amount will continue to grow between now and Remembrance Day.”
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/nuyfcu9tigers
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 People released from car after crash closes road
- 6 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 7 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 8 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 9 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 10 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks