Norwich flats evacuated after gas leak caused by bin fire

Two flats were evacuated on Mariners Lane off Ber Street last night following a gas leak caused by a fire in a rubbish bin.

The bin fire damaged a gas pipe by the city centre flats causing the leak at around 10.30pm.

Fire engines from Carrow and Sprowston were called to put out the bin fire and Transco were called to make the gas pipe safe.

Families were allowed back into the flats after two hours.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus