Norfolk gym to attempt world record in a ‘push for poppies’
- Credit: Norwich Fitness Academy
Norwich group aim to double the world record by pushing a sled for 12 hours in aid of the Royal British Legion.
Gym owners Kat Appleton & James Bradshaw from Norwich Fitness Academy, will be joined by current serving members of the military, emergency services and gym members with the aim of pushing a 91kg gym sled the distance of a marathon in 12 hours,
The team are aiming to push the sled 42.195km in order to raise £3000 for The Royal British Legion's 2018 Poppy Appeal.
Mr Bradshaw, said: 'The military has played a huge part in both mine and Kat's lives, we're extremely grateful to all those that have served in the armed forces and the sacrifices they have made.
'This charity event is just a small way of saying thanks and showing our appreciation.'
You may also want to watch:
The record attempt will be happening on Saturday, November 10 at The Norwich Fitness Academy, Guardian Road, at 9am.
To donate visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/norwichfitnessacademy
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move