Norwich firefighters called to strange smell from drains and a stuck lift
Fire crews rescued two people who were stuck in a lift on Duke Street in the early hours of this morning.
An engine from Carrow was called shortly after midnight on Sunday.
Crews used lift keys to release the stranded people at 12.37am.
On Saturday night the Environmental Protection Unit and engines from Sprowston and Carrow were called to Heath Road, north of the city centre, to investigate reports of a strange smell coming from drains.
Anglian Water were also called.
It appears the freshner used in the drains had expired.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips