Norwich firefighters called to strange smell from drains and a stuck lift
Fire crews rescued two people who were stuck in a lift on Duke Street in the early hours of this morning.
An engine from Carrow was called shortly after midnight on Sunday.
Crews used lift keys to release the stranded people at 12.37am.
On Saturday night the Environmental Protection Unit and engines from Sprowston and Carrow were called to Heath Road, north of the city centre, to investigate reports of a strange smell coming from drains.
Anglian Water were also called.
You may also want to watch:
It appears the freshner used in the drains had expired.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner