Norwich families take part in community litter pick
- Credit: supplied by Jess King
Families took part in an after school community litter pick around the Mousehold Avenue area of Norwich.
The event, which was organised by Roots Norfolk, took place on Friday, February 23 and involved families with children at Mousehold Infant and Nursery School and George White Junior School.
Jess King said: 'Everyone braved the cold - community activism at work - lots of people and a little time makes a big difference.
'We had over 20 families come along and they collected an awful lot of litter - the children worked really hard with their litter pickers.'
Roots Norfolk is working with the local schools on a zero-waste campaign to try and reduce plastic pollution.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Roots Norfolk events, visit www.rootsnorfolk.co.uk
The Create Less Waste Norfolk page on Facebook also has lots of ideas of how to reduce your impact on the environment.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list