Norwich event will raise awareness of local charities
- Credit: Archant 2013
An event championing local good causes is taking place at the Forum in Norwich on Saturday.
Charities at Home aims to raise awareness of local charities, both highlighting how people can support good causes through volunteering and fundraising, and also how charities can help people in need.
More than 20 charities covering a range of different subjects will be taking part in Saturday's event which runs from 9am until 5pm.
Sharon Hulbert, joint organiser of the event, said: 'Our Charities at Home slogan is 'Supporting Them, Supporting You' and this is exactly what we want to get across.
'By supporting our local charities we can ensure that, should the need ever arise, they will be there for us.
You may also want to watch:
'I would like to thank all the businesses who have once again contributed to making this event happen.
'I hope that they will want to continue this support as we have already booked Saturday, July 18 2015 for our third Charities at Home.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Ronnie Zahdeh, of Raise Your Profile which is the joint organiser of CAH, said: 'I am delighted to be working alongside Sharon for the second year running, the phrase charity begins at home is very true and this is why we have championed local charities for so many years and have always done everything we can to help.
'The very idea of charities at home is at the heart of everything we believe in. This year's event has a focus on why it's important for people and charities to engage.
'It is a mutually beneficial event for both charities and people with the range of opportunities available on the day.'
At the event Mr Zahdeh will also be giving out information about the online fundraising site totalgiving.co.uk which has been developed by Raise Your Profile.
The charities involved in Charities at Home at The Forum in Norwich today include Emmaus Norwich, Norfolk Carers Support, Norfolk SEN Network, BUILD Charity, Leeway, Norwich Door to Door, The Matthew Project, St Edmunds Society, Big C, Beat, Age UK Norfolk, Age UK Norwich, The Magdalene Group, Open Youth Trust, Scotty's Little Soldiers, YMCA Norfolk, The Base Community Trust, SERV Norfolk, Break, NANSA (Norfolk & Norwich Scope Association), East Anglian Air Ambulance, Future Radio, Norwich City Community Sports Foundation and Assist Trust.
During the day there will also be a raffle the proceeds will be split between the charities.
• Charities at Home is at The Forum in Norwich on Saturday from 9am until 5pm. For more about Charities at Home visit www.charitiesathome.co.uk
Follow @charitiesathome on Twitter