Norwich elderly are being encouraged to get arty with a new class
- Credit: Archant
Older people in Norwich have been given an invitation to get arty at a new, free art class.
The group will try stencilling on canvases in a free btanicals art class in Eaton Park Community Centre.
The community centre in Norwich (NR4 7AZ), between 2pm and 4pm on November 14, will hold the event as part of First Time for Everything programme, which is designed to give older people in Norfolk an opportunity to try something new for free in their local community.
A spokesperson Royal Voluntary Service, the company organising the event, said: 'Staying active and social have been proven to be important to keeping fit and well in older age.
'Light refreshments will be served and there will also be an opportunity to hear about other local Royal Voluntary Service activities for older people that may be of interest.'
You may also want to watch:
To book a place contact Mark Read on 07392 272965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?