Norwich craft beer pub Virtuoso is up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A city pub that was rebranded as a craft beer destination is up for sale for £350,000.
Virtuoso Craft Brewpub and Smokehouse, in Kett's Hill, Norwich, had traded as the Kett's Tavern until around a year ago.
It was last month fined £6,770 for broadcasting Premier League football without authorisation.
Co-owner Kevin Hopkins, who took on the pub in 2000, said: 'It's been a fantastic 15 years at The Ketts.
'There have been many highs including winning the CAMRA pub of the year for Norwich and Norfolk, some memorable beer festivals and the emergence of the Norwich City of Ale festival as well as some low points too such as the smoking ban and recession both hitting trade in 2007.
'We have had to adapt and move with the times and we relaunched as Virtuoso last year to introduce our smokehouse as well as a cracking range of cask ales and craft beers.
'This has been a resounding success but with Ami [Hodgson, co-owner] expecting in June it feels the right time to move on to pastures new and we wish new owners every success and hope that they enjoy every day as much as we have.'
- 1 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 6 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 9 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 10 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
The pub's building dates back to the 1800s and was once known as Kett's Castle.
It is listed for sale with agents Fleurets.