Norwich couple celebrate becoming parents on New Year’s Day
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich couple had an extra special start to 2018 after becoming parents on New Year's Day.
Yaoxi Li gave birth to her baby boy Ding Ding at 5.40am on Monday at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The 29-year-old, from Norwich, who was with her partner Xiaofeng Fang, 30, said her baby was 13 days late and weighed 7.2lbs.
She thanked the hospital staff for their help and support throughout their stay.
'We are very excited about the birth of our beautiful baby boy,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
'He was 13 days late and we think he wanted to wait to see in the New Year.
'We wish our baby boy the happiest life and want to thank the midwife and doctors at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital who supported us, we are very grateful.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
Alexandra Lynas from Watton also gave birth to a baby boy at the hospital.
Alfred John Michael Lynas was born at 4.56am and dad Benjamin Lynas and grandmother Janette Etheridge were present.
Baby Alfred weighed 6lb 2oz, which is the exact same weight his mother weighed when she was born 28 years ago.
Meanwhile, Gemma Gay, 39, gave birth to her baby boy Ralphie Ellis Gay at 1.11am at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn, who arrived just a little later than expected.
At the James Paget Hospital, Jade Campbell gave birth to a baby girl at 4.22pm.