Norwich couple celebrate becoming parents on New Year’s Day
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich couple had an extra special start to 2018 after becoming parents on New Year's Day.
Yaoxi Li gave birth to her baby boy Ding Ding at 5.40am on Monday at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The 29-year-old, from Norwich, who was with her partner Xiaofeng Fang, 30, said her baby was 13 days late and weighed 7.2lbs.
She thanked the hospital staff for their help and support throughout their stay.
'We are very excited about the birth of our beautiful baby boy,' she said.
'He was 13 days late and we think he wanted to wait to see in the New Year.
'We wish our baby boy the happiest life and want to thank the midwife and doctors at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital who supported us, we are very grateful.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 10 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
Alexandra Lynas from Watton also gave birth to a baby boy at the hospital.
Alfred John Michael Lynas was born at 4.56am and dad Benjamin Lynas and grandmother Janette Etheridge were present.
Baby Alfred weighed 6lb 2oz, which is the exact same weight his mother weighed when she was born 28 years ago.
Meanwhile, Gemma Gay, 39, gave birth to her baby boy Ralphie Ellis Gay at 1.11am at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn, who arrived just a little later than expected.
At the James Paget Hospital, Jade Campbell gave birth to a baby girl at 4.22pm.