Norwich communities full of appetite for Big Lunch campaign
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
Neighbours will be getting together to share in some traditional community spirit at several events around Norwich on Sunday.
The Big Lunch campaign is encouraging communities around the country to come together and share a few hours of food, friendship and fun.
The campaign is an idea from social and environmental charity the Eden Project and funded by the Big Lottery, encouraging people to hold street party or a gathering in a back garden, park or community hall.
Eaton Park is hosting a free community event as part of the Big Lunch, with local staff from Halifax banks organising rounders, five-a-side football, egg and spoon and wheelbarrow races.
The event will be held in the area opposite the children's play park between midday and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Big Lunch street party is also being held by people living in Wellington Road, off Earlham Road, which will see the road closed during the event.
Grapes Hill Community Garden is also hosting a bring and share Big Lunch, between midday and 3pm, with free entertainment and The Reindeer pub selling tapas, wine and real ales in the garden.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
People living in Normandie Tower, off Rouen Road, will also be getting to know their neighbours better through a Big Lunch picnic on the grass behind the flats between 2pm and 4pm.
A free Big Lunch event will also be held between midday and 4pm at Dragon Hall, in King Street, with people encouraged to bring a picnic, as well as in Camberley Road, where the fun and games will start from midday.
- To find your local Big Lunch events, go to www.thebiglunch.com
- If you're holding a Big Lunch event this weekend, share your photos and videos at www.iwitness24.co.uk