Norwich communities full of appetite for Big Lunch campaign
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
Neighbours will be getting together to share in some traditional community spirit at several events around Norwich on Sunday.
The Big Lunch campaign is encouraging communities around the country to come together and share a few hours of food, friendship and fun.
The campaign is an idea from social and environmental charity the Eden Project and funded by the Big Lottery, encouraging people to hold street party or a gathering in a back garden, park or community hall.
Eaton Park is hosting a free community event as part of the Big Lunch, with local staff from Halifax banks organising rounders, five-a-side football, egg and spoon and wheelbarrow races.
The event will be held in the area opposite the children's play park between midday and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Big Lunch street party is also being held by people living in Wellington Road, off Earlham Road, which will see the road closed during the event.
Grapes Hill Community Garden is also hosting a bring and share Big Lunch, between midday and 3pm, with free entertainment and The Reindeer pub selling tapas, wine and real ales in the garden.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
People living in Normandie Tower, off Rouen Road, will also be getting to know their neighbours better through a Big Lunch picnic on the grass behind the flats between 2pm and 4pm.
A free Big Lunch event will also be held between midday and 4pm at Dragon Hall, in King Street, with people encouraged to bring a picnic, as well as in Camberley Road, where the fun and games will start from midday.
- To find your local Big Lunch events, go to www.thebiglunch.com
- If you're holding a Big Lunch event this weekend, share your photos and videos at www.iwitness24.co.uk