‘We may have had some slight bus issues’ - Norwich City team jump on different bus for parade
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans may have been left wondering why the team was on a different bus for today's promotion parade.
The title-winning squad had been due to parade through Norwich on an open-top yellow bus which had 'We are Premier League' emblazoned across its front.
But the team instead made its way through the city on a red sightseeing tourist bus, with the empty yellow coach trailing behind.
While the club is yet to say what went wrong, a video posted on its Twitter page shows the team trying to push the yellow bus from behind.
The video was published with the caption: 'We may have had some slight bus issues'.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the hiccup, the squad was still able to parade through the city, with thousands of people lining the streets to welcome them.
Next season, Norwich City will move into the top flight of English football after winning the 2018/19 Championship.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17