Norwich City’s Russell Martin lights up Christmas for youngsters
Youngsters at a Norwich school were joined by a Norwich City player for a special Christmas sports session.
Canaries defender Russell Martin helped pupils at the Clare School with games such as Magic Ball, Cone Ball and Treasure Hunt during his visit to the South Park Avenue school today.
At the end of the session, he gave out signed Norwich City mini footballs as Christmas presents to the children who have complex physical, sensory and medical needs.
The session was funded and delivered by the Community Sports Foundation's Sporting Light Appeal which has raised �129,000 and helped more than 1,100 people to date.
Emma Fletcher, fundraising officer for the Sporting Light Appeal, said: 'Russell is a tremendous ambassador for the Football Club and indeed the Sporting Light Appeal. 'He has visited a number of sessions like this and the children and staff were really excited to meet one of their heroes.'
You may also want to watch:
To help the appeal reach �1m, contact Ms Fletcher on 01603 761122 or email Emma.Fletcher@ncfc-canaries.co.uk.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy