Norwich City reveal third kit inspired by famous 1990s strip for the 2016/17 Championship season
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City unveiled their new third kit for the 2016/17 season this morning, inspired by one of the Canaries' most iconic shirts.
Following last year's unique hooped shirt, the Canaries have designed another third shirt with a distinctive look, having taken inspiration from one of City's most famous kits.
Steve Balmer-Walters, head of retail at Norwich City football club, said: 'This season's third kit pays homage to the famous 1992-94 kit.
'We really wanted to replicate this iconic kit using a white base to give the third kit a distinctive look.
'With the introduction of a new 3D crest on all of this year's shirts, it has really moved us on from where we were and lends itself to the modern shirt. In particular, the new crest has added that 'up-to-date' feel to the classic-looking third shirt.
You may also want to watch:
'I hope the fans really enjoy the kit as much as we have enjoyed designing it. The design of the 1992-94 kit has definitely divided people's opinions over the years, but it's still one of the most recognisable Norwich City kits, so we wanted to create something similar.'
• What do you think of the new strip? Vote in our poll or leave your comments below
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident