Norwich City of Ale team asks Taylor Swift out for a drink
- Credit: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP
Come on, Taylor, join us for a Swift pint.
That's the invitation from the Norwich City of Ale team to the US superstar when she visits to headline Radio 1's Big Weekend in May.
The musical extravaganza in Earlham Park coincides with the annual 10-day celebration of the city's pubs, beers and breweries.
And after a long day performing in front of thousands of screaming fans, what better way to relax than with a pint in the UK's real ale capital?
Dawn Leeder, co-chair of the City of Ale, said the Shake It Off star would be welcome in any of the city's participating pubs.
You may also want to watch:
'I think I'd pour her something bright and blonde – something with a good body and a fine head,' she said.
'If she joined us for a pint I would think she had very good taste.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
'Women and beer is a subject very close to my own heart, and most of us don't need much encouragement to enjoy a pint.'
City of Ale bosses said at a meeting yesterday they have approached Ms Swift's management with the invitation – but are yet to hear back.
Despite her hectic schedule, she is known to be a fan of a pint, having been pictured enjoying a beer as she watched the New York Knicks take on the Chicago Bulls in October last year.