Norwich City of Ale 2017 to kick off with a bang at beer festival launch party
- Credit: Archant
Drinkers are preparing their taste buds for this year's City of Ale, which kicks off this month with a one-night local-brewery beer festival.
Open to all, the event will take place at the Narthex, St John the Baptists Cathedral on Thursday, May 25 and is being sponsored by two great local companies.
Dawn Leeder, joint founder of City of Ale said: 'Crisp Maltings and Farnell Clarke Accountants & Business Advisors have stepped in to make sure the beer festival kicking off City of Ale is a celebration to remember.'
She added: 'For anyone interested in treating their taste buds and trialling some of the amazing City of Ale beers, the launch party festival is an absolute must.'
The launch party will begin at 6pm and is set to feature beers from all of the participating City of Ale breweries.
You may also want to watch:
James Kay, managing director of Farnell Clarke, said: 'We admit it: we're real ale fanatics and even have a pub themed meeting room – The Tax & Pounds – in our office. It's a relaxed space where staff and clients can sit and chat or enjoy a game of pool at the end of a long working week.
'We recognise the great role City of Ale has played in raising the profile of Norwich. The city's beer culture, heritage and brewing innovation are now firmly on the map – and we're proud to be supporting the festival launch.'
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
MORE: Charity beer for ale festival named as Hope in the HopSimilarly, Steve LePoidevin, director, Crisp Maltings commented: 'Supporting City of Ale gives us the chance to pay tribute to the region's farmers who grow such excellent barley, and brewers who create such an astonishing range of wonderful beers.
'We're proud that so many award-winning City of Ale brews are produced with our malt – many with traditionally floor-malted Maris Otter barley.
'We're looking forward to being spoilt for choice at the launch party beer festival and to raising a glass to all those who make Norwich into a great city of ale, and Norfolk into a terrific region of beer.'
Tickets for the City of Ale Official Launch Party cost £7 and can be bought via cityofale.org.uk