Norwich City of Ale 2016 charity beer will be called Each Golden Moment
- Credit: Archant
A competition to name this year's Norwich City of Ale charity beer has concluded, with the winning suggestion revealed as Each Golden Moment.
The fruity session ale will help raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
It is brewed by Woodforde's, and 20p will be donated to charity for each pint of the 4.1% golden IPA that is sold.
The naming competition, announced earlier this month, attracted a record number of entries, and the winning name, Each Golden Moment, was selected unanimously by a panel of representatives from Woodforde's, City of Ale and EACH.
The winner is Scott Edwards of Norwich, who wins two VIP tickets to the City of Ale Launch Party at the Narthex on Thursday, May 26, where he will be presented with a demipin of the ale.
You may also want to watch:
'We are very proud to be supporting the City of Ale and the charity EACH,' said Belinda Jennings, Woodforde's head brewer. 'We are excited to have this opportunity to produce this new special beer for a worthy charity and the name Each Golden Moment really stood out for us.'
Dawn Leeder, co-chairman of City of Ale, said: 'It's a great name.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 5 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 6 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 7 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 Orionids meteor shower to peak tonight
'It manages to encapsulate, in three well-chosen words, both the ethos of EACH and the essence of the ale.
'We hope that all City of Ale publicans will consider stocking a firkin or two and supporting this very worthwhile cause.'
Mark Loades, of EACH, said: 'Congratulations to the winner of the naming competition.
'Thank you to everyone who entered and to everyone at Woodforde's for their continued support.
'I can't wait to try Each Golden Moment.
£EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and supports their families across East Anglia and is a lifeline to so many families at an unimaginably difficult time.
'All the money raised from the sales of this beer will go towards providing these vital services.'
Norwich City of Ale runs from May 26 to June 5.
It is a 10-day festival taking place in pubs all over the city.
A total of 45 pubs will be taking part and 37 local breweries will offer over 250 different ales.
There will be hundreds of events in the pubs and other venues.
Tickets for the launch party are on sale online, see cityofale.org.uk