Norwich City Football Club players surprise children with hospice visit
- Credit: Archant
Children at East Anglia's Children's Hospices met some of the city's top sportsman.
Players from Norwich City Football Club dropped into the Quidenham hospice to meet the youngsters receiving care there.
Captain Russell Martin and teammate Graham Dorrans signed autographs, handed out goody bags and answered questions about the football club during their visit on Wednesday.
Russell Martin, NCFC's captain, said: 'All of the players and everyone at the club are delighted to support and visit Quidenham again.
'Myself and several of the players have visited the hospice before and are always amazed at the wonderful work the charity and its staff do, it's heart-warming stuff, and we wish everyone there a merry Christmas.'
Staff at the hospice said the club's win over Manchester United made the visit extra special.
Mark Loades, EACH corporate and supporter development manager, said: 'We're absolutely delighted Norwich City players were able to visit our Quidenham hospice this week, it was a joy to see the children, young people, their families and staff enjoying themselves so much.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 4 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 5 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 6 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 7 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 8 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 9 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
'Norwich City have been long-standing supporters of EACH and we're incredibly grateful for their continued help, both in their fundraising efforts and in meeting families to help create special memories.'
- If you have a news story about a group helping charity, email firstname.lastname@example.org