Cancelled trains leave football fans stranded
- Credit: Archant
Trains between Norwich and Diss have been cancelled, leaving many football fans stranded as they try to make their way to Carrow Road.
Disruption is expected to continue on trains travelling between Norwich and Diss as footballs fans and shoppers attempt to leave the city.
Greater Anglia said a signalling fault was discovered around 2.20pm between Wymondham, Diss and Norwich and services travelling between the stations were cancelled.
A Network Rail engineering team arrived on site at 3.15pm and announced they had found a temporary fix three hours later.
However they added that delays were likely to continue until around 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
David Pegg, 67, had prebooked a ticket for the 2.40pm service from Norwich to Attleborough but was delayed for more than an hour.
He said: 'It feels like every week something goes wrong. There's a lot of very annoyed and cold passengers here at the moment.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
A spokesperson for the train company said: 'Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption.'
'Advance purchase tickets holders will be allowed to travel on earlier or later trains if their booked service is cancelled.'
The cancellations hit football fans travelling from Diss to Carrow Road for this afternoon's match, with some reporting they missed the game as a result.
One football fan, travelling from Diss to Norwich, tweeted: '@NorwichCityFC all trains cancelled from Diss and Cambridge can't get to the game.'
In a tweet, Greater Anglia said passengers delayed more than 30 minutes were entitled to claim compensation via their website.