Norwich City fans take to the streets for supporters’ march ahead of West Brom game
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Riverside was turned into a swarm of yellow and green as Norwich City fans marched to Carrow Road ahead of their team's first home game of the Championship season.
The march was organised by fan groups Along Come Norwich and Barclay End Norwich, with the aim of improving the atmosphere at the stadium.
Thomas Markham-Uden, from Barclay End Norwich, said: 'It is a way to get lots of fans that are like-minded together so we can create a great atmosphere and carry that into the stand. We did it at the start of the season last year and before the Ipswich game and we had a couple of thousand people marching. We had a really good cross section of fans, not just people from the Barclay stand and Snakepit, which is our aim.'
The friendly march was held ahead of the Canaries' dramatic 4-3 defeat to West Brom on Saturday afternoon, with hundreds joining in with the colourful fun and games ahead of the 3pm kick-off.
• Watch a video of the march above
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 7 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 8 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors