Norwich City fans responsible for 2pc of all Championship football-related incidents aboard transport network
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City fans were reported for everything from being too rowdy to making lewd remarks aboard trains, according to the British Transport Police (BTP).
New figures from the BTP have revealed the number of reported incidents it received about City fans.
It said that NCFC supporters were responsible for 2pc of all incidents committed by Championship football club fans on the transport network.
On April 9 last year, the BTP said it received two reports about fans on a service during an away fixture.
A member of the public reported that there were around 25 intoxicated supporters on a train.
The same day, a woman text the BTP to say she had been abused by a group of fans on a service. One had then approached her, dropped his trousers, and made indecent remarks.
Canaries Trust chairman Robin Sainty said the actions were not representative of all City fans.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup