Norwich City fans responsible for 2pc of all Championship football-related incidents aboard transport network
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City fans were reported for everything from being too rowdy to making lewd remarks aboard trains, according to the British Transport Police (BTP).
New figures from the BTP have revealed the number of reported incidents it received about City fans.
It said that NCFC supporters were responsible for 2pc of all incidents committed by Championship football club fans on the transport network.
On April 9 last year, the BTP said it received two reports about fans on a service during an away fixture.
A member of the public reported that there were around 25 intoxicated supporters on a train.
You may also want to watch:
The same day, a woman text the BTP to say she had been abused by a group of fans on a service. One had then approached her, dropped his trousers, and made indecent remarks.
Canaries Trust chairman Robin Sainty said the actions were not representative of all City fans.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van