Worst ever pitch invader? Away fan tackled by stewards after interrupting Carrow Road match
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's championship clash against Nottingham Forest was interrupted last night (March 6) when a man ran on to the pitch.
The unknown man, believed to be a Forest fan, invaded the match, running on to the pitch and pulling his trousers down, before pulling them back up, running some more and then pulling them down again.
He was then caught by stewards.
Former Canaries forward, Daren Huckerby, described the man on Twitter as the 'worst pitch invader ever'.
Jon Rogers captured the incident on video.
You may also want to watch:
Fans on Twitter were left feeling bemused by the bizarre turn of events.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
James Murrell commented: 'I'm not sure why he dropped his trousers! Very strange!'
@GPS1963 posted: 'Perhaps he was trying to show us that we should leave a couple of men up when defending corners or free kicks.'
Ben Stokes added: 'Rarely seen a pitch invader met with such indifference. Particularly from the stewards.'