Norwich City fans already getting shirty as we kick off Save Colman’s campaign day of action
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City fans are preparing to show their support for this newspaper's campaign to save hundreds of jobs and keep a famous local name where it belongs.
This week, we have been urging Norwich City fans to root through their cupboards and drawers and pull out their vintage Colman's City shirts, worn by the club in the late 1990s.
The idea is part of our 'They MUST Be Saved' campaign, which we launched in response to the news Britvic are looking to close its factory in the city.
In light of this company's decision, Unilever - producers of Colman's Mustard - too announced it would be reviewing its status in Norwich.
With game day upon us, City fans have already been Tweeting us photographs of themselves with Colman's shirt primed ready for the Carrow Road contest.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the day, we will have petitions at every Eastern Daily Press/Evening News goody bag stand in the city, as fans make their way to the game.
We will also be collecting your comments and taking photographs as we look to show that we stand together as a city and pile pressure on both Britvic and Unilever.
- 1 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Also keep an eye out for the official campaign banner around the city, kindly produced by Signs Express in Norwich.
To show your support for the campaign, send us your pictures of yourself proudly wearing your Colman's Norwich City shirts.
Tweet your pictures to @EDP24 or email them to email@example.com