Norwich City fan Bryony Davies finds fellow fan John after social media search
- Credit: Bryony Davies
Her tweet and Facebook post was shared more than 1,000 times but now Bryony Davies has found the fellow Norwich City supporter who she helped following the match at Carrow Road on Saturday.
The 20-year-old, from Norwich, was heading home after watching Norwich City's clash against Barnsley when she spotted a man who seemed to be struggling with the wet pavement.
Stopping, she offered to help him walk to the train station where a taxi was waiting for him. He told her that he has Parkinson's and his walking stick does not work in the rain.
MORE: Can you help this Norwich City supporter in her search for a fellow football fan?Miss Davies said that the disease is close to here heart, due to her Dad suffering from it, and set out on a mission to find the man who she just knew as John so she could offer him help to his taxi after each match.
And three days after their meeting she has found him.
In a Facebook and Twitter post she wrote: 'I've found John! I have spoken to him on the phone and we are going to walk together in the future. Thank you to everyone who has helped and to all your kind words. I'm just glad it's done what it was set out to do.'
You may also want to watch:
The search for John attracted attention from people all over the county with Norwich City Football Club and Grant Holt all sharing the message.
The official Norwich City Twitter account tweeted: 'We're so proud to have fans like this. We're a community, not just a football club.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47