City community sports foundation launches new educational partnership
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Community Sports Foundation (CSF) has announced a new partnership which will see a local academy trust become its main education partner.
The organisation has engaged the Wensum Trust, based in Hellesdon, to support its growing football and education programme.
It will also enable students to choose an A-Level pathway as well as a vocational route for the first time on its Norwich-based programmes.
The foundation is in the process of fundraising for a new community hub and training facility in Horsford, The Nest, which will include classroom facilities, a gym and an indoor sports hall.
Stevie Bramble, head of curriculum at Norwich City CSF, said: 'To be able to offer an A-level pathway to our growing provision means we can now support more young people.
You may also want to watch:
'The location of Hellesdon High School's sixth form centre in relation to The Nest makes it logistically possible and a perfect fit.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab