Canaries fans celebrate the life of David Powell with minute’s applause
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have paid tribute to popular supporter David Powell, during the team's 3-2 defeat to Chelsea.
Mr Powell died, aged 49, last week after a collision on the A1270 NDR.
Supporters paid their respects to him during the 49th minute at Carrow Road, when both home and away sections of the crowd burst into rapturous applause.
The club paid its own tribute during the 49th minute displaying an image of Mr Powell along with a message which read "David Powell, 1970-2019", there was also an extended tribute in the match programme.
Mr Powell had been a Canaries supporter for many years, with the applause planned for 49 minutes to reflect his age.
You may also want to watch:
He was involved with the Norwich City Fans Social Club and had also planned to take part in the Canaryball Rally to raise funds for Norwich City Community Sports Foundation.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?