Norwich City chairman Ed Balls receives Bafta nomination for Gangnam Style dance on Strictly Come Dancing
- Credit: PA
He may not have won top marks from the judges but Ed Balls could yet scoop a Bafta award for his time on Strictly Come Dancing.
The Norwich City chairman has been nominated for the 'Must-See Moment' award for his memorable dance to Gangnam Style on the hit BBC show.
But the 50-year-old faces stiff competition in the category from Game of Thrones, Line of Duty, Planet Earth II, Who Do You Think You Are? and Michelle Obama's appearance on James Corden's Carpool Karaoke.
Norwich-born Olivia Colman has also been nominated in the 'Female Performance in a Comedy Programme' for her portrayal of Godmother in Fleabag.
In the other categories critically claimed royal drama The Crown is leading the way with five nominations.
The show's nods include best drama and best supporting actors for Jared Harris, Vanessa Kirby and John Lithgow. Claire Foy is also nominated for leading actress for her portrayal of a young Queen Elizabeth II in the Netflix show.
Happy Valley, Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway and The Great British Bake Off have also picked up nominations.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 7 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
The awards ceremony takes place at London's Royal Festival Hall on 14 May.
• To vote for Ed Balls in the 'Must-See Moment' category visit the Virgin Media website.