Norwich City chairman Ed Balls celebrates 50th birthday with Strictly stars and politicians
- Credit: PA
Stictly Come Dancing stars and politicians alike got together to celebrate Norwich City chairman Ed Balls' birthday last night.
The former MP was celebrating his 50th birthday yesterday, and tweets from Strictly professionals Luba Mustuk and Neil Jones sat beside well wishes from politicians.
The Strictly Come Dancing Band played a set for the party, while Ed donned a special birthday badge.
However, the New Statesman reported ahead of the bash that guests were asked to indicate whether they knew him before or after his transformation to TV star.
Political enemies jumping on the showbusiness bandwagon were told to call him 'a friend', while comrades who stood by him in difficult days used 'old friend' to describe themselves.
Speaking on BBC Radio Five Live this morning, shadow chancellor John McDonnell joked he was 'still reeling from the tragedy of not getting invited to Ed Balls' birthday.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party