Norwich City Chairman and Strictly Come Dancing star Ed Balls to join Loose Women panel
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich City chairman Ed Balls is continuing his move from politics into the world of TV with a stint on topical daytime show Loose Women.
The former shadow chancellor, who was undoubtedly one of the most popular stars of the recent series of Strictly Come Dancing, will appear on the special Loose Women And Men edition of the ITV programme alongside regular panellists Andrea McLean and Nadia Sawalha.
The four-piece panel will be completed by Mr Balls's fellow Strictly star Judge Robert Rinder on Friday's episode.
The 49-year-old has previously appeared on Loose Women as a guest, but this will be his first time on the panel.
He said: 'I had a great time with the lovely Loose Women when I was on as a guest - showing them a few dance moves! So I can only imagine what mischief we will get up to with a whole hour on the panel.'
You may also want to watch:
Loose Women editor Sally Shelford said: 'Only a few very special men have what it takes to be on the Loose Women panel, but Ed Balls and Judge Rinder have proven they are more than up to the challenge.'
The daily panel show first introduced Loose Women And Men last year, with male presenters included to change the format from the regular all-female line-up.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
Previous male panellists have included Strictly judge Craig Revel Horwood and singer Peter Andre.
Mr Balls surprised the nation with his energetic dance routines on BBC dancing series Strictly, defying low marks from the judges thanks to viewers' votes and only being eliminated in week 10. He has since signed up for the arena tour alongside partner Katya Jones.