Emergency services come to aid of woman ‘in period of crisis’ near River Wensum in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Emergency services were called to the aid of a woman 'in a period of crisis' close to the River Wensum this afternoon.
Police, firefighters and paramedics all attended Whitefriars in Norwich to assist a woman close to the bridge over the river.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: 'We were called to assist a female in a period of crisis, but all is now well.
'The fire service's rescue boat was sent as a precaution but was not needed.'
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that a team from Sprowston assisted the police in the incident, along with the rescue boat from Carrow Station.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at around 11.15am on Boxing Day morning.
An eyewitness said they had seen a heavy emergency service presence in the area, close to the law courts, including two police cars and ambulance.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 8 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school