Norwich City announce new partnership with coffee supplier NVCS
- Credit: @GreenFarmCoffee on Twitter
Norwich City have confirmed a new partnership with Rackheath-based NVCS, which will see the company's Green Farm Coffee supplied to all corporate areas of Carrow Road, as well as Yellows Bar & Grill and Delia's Restaurant and Bar.
The partnership follows on from NVCS replacing The Galway Roast as coffee suppliers for City, after the deal with the Irish company was terminated earlier this month.
That has seen The Galway Roast's branding and naming rights removed from the South Stand, as the company was 'unable to fulfil their side of the sponsorship agreement'.
The UK franchise of The Galway Roast has since ceased trading as it was unable to obtain the necessary investment and was forced to close its London Street store in Norwich.
Canaries chief executive Jez Moxey revealed at Wednesday's annual general meeting at Carrow Road that around 15 per cent of the agreed funds had been paid before the collapse of the deal, but added that City had not lost out financially overall.
Canaries supporters will now instead be able to see both the Green Farm Coffee and NVCS branding throughout the South Stand and stadium.
A statement confirming the partnership said: 'As a long-established local business, NVCS is both proud and excited to have entered into a sponsorship and commercial partnership with Norwich City Football Club.
Many of the company's staff and management are lifelong supporters of the Canaries and relish the chance to work with the club and the fans, to build a strong future together.'
City's director of commercial, Ben Kensell, added: 'We are delighted to welcome on board both NVCS and Green Farm Coffee to the club's partnership portfolio.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
'We are very much looking forward to a mutually beneficial future and thank the team for their fantastic support.'