Norwich Chicago’s to close its doors for the final time on New Year’s Eve
- Credit: Archant
Popular Prince of Wales Road nightclub Chicago's has announced it will close at the end of 2016 and has thanked its customers for their support.
The venue revealed their closure on their Facebook page on Wednesday night in a post which read: 'It is with a heart brimming with pride and a tear in our eye that we announce Chicagos will open its doors for the very last time on New Years Eve 2016.
'We have made memories and friendships that will last a lifetime, but let's face it...the venue needs a little TLC.
'We would like to take this moment to sincerely thank the countless faces who have filled Chicagos week on week for the past decade and a half, we hope to see as many of you as possible on New Years Eve for a fond farewell.'
The club, which opened in the 1990s, has long been one of the city's nightlife hotspots.
The venue will re-open on Friday February 24 as Bar and Beyond.
The £565,000 refurbishment will create an additional 35 full and part-time jobs.
Both chains are owned by the Deltic Group who own over 50 nightclubs across the UK.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
The 'shoreditch-inspired' bar will offer street food and drinks from early evening and later on turn into a club with DJs and live music.
General manager of Chicago's David Vickery said: 'The transformation plans are exciting. We're looking forward to giving Norwich something special.
'Chicago's has played a big part in nights out for many local people and created great memories but it's time for it to be updated.
We want to go out in a memorable way; our New Year's Eve party gives us the ideal platform to do this.'
The Chicago's chain has other clubs in Stourbridge, Yeovil, King's Lynn, Basildon and Hanley while Chicago's in Chelmsford closed its doors in September 2015.
The Chelmsford branch also reopened last November as Bar and Beyond.