Norwich Chicago’s to close its doors for the final time on New Year’s Eve
- Credit: Archant
Popular Prince of Wales Road nightclub Chicago's has announced it will close at the end of 2016 and has thanked its customers for their support.
The venue revealed their closure on their Facebook page on Wednesday night in a post which read: 'It is with a heart brimming with pride and a tear in our eye that we announce Chicagos will open its doors for the very last time on New Years Eve 2016.
'We have made memories and friendships that will last a lifetime, but let's face it...the venue needs a little TLC.
'We would like to take this moment to sincerely thank the countless faces who have filled Chicagos week on week for the past decade and a half, we hope to see as many of you as possible on New Years Eve for a fond farewell.'
The club, which opened in the 1990s, has long been one of the city's nightlife hotspots.
The venue will re-open on Friday February 24 as Bar and Beyond.
The £565,000 refurbishment will create an additional 35 full and part-time jobs.
Both chains are owned by the Deltic Group who own over 50 nightclubs across the UK.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 7 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 8 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
The 'shoreditch-inspired' bar will offer street food and drinks from early evening and later on turn into a club with DJs and live music.
General manager of Chicago's David Vickery said: 'The transformation plans are exciting. We're looking forward to giving Norwich something special.
'Chicago's has played a big part in nights out for many local people and created great memories but it's time for it to be updated.
We want to go out in a memorable way; our New Year's Eve party gives us the ideal platform to do this.'
The Chicago's chain has other clubs in Stourbridge, Yeovil, King's Lynn, Basildon and Hanley while Chicago's in Chelmsford closed its doors in September 2015.
The Chelmsford branch also reopened last November as Bar and Beyond.