Cheerleading and baton twirling teams celebrate success in competitions
- Credit: Sarah Cullum
Two Norwich-based teams are cheering their own success after winning at national competitions over Easter.
Angel Baton Twirlers and the East Coast Emeralds jumped, twirled and polished off routines to be awarded medals.
East Coast Emeralds attended the British Cheerleading Association National Competition in Telford. They won a gold medal in the Junior age division and also came away with three silvers, a bronze and two fifth place trophies.
Becky Copeland, joint coach and club owner, said: 'The team were over the moon when their hard work paid off and they won the gold medal in their division.'
The Angel Baton Twirlers, trained by Sarah Cullum and Claire White, won six awards at the British Baton Twirling Sports Association UK National Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Tiegan Pointer, 16, double national champion in solo twirl and dance twirl, said: 'I am so proud of my double national champion titles in the sport that I love so much. I couldn't have achieved it without the support of my two wonderful coaches.'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village