Cheerleading and baton twirling teams celebrate success in competitions
- Credit: Sarah Cullum
Two Norwich-based teams are cheering their own success after winning at national competitions over Easter.
Angel Baton Twirlers and the East Coast Emeralds jumped, twirled and polished off routines to be awarded medals.
East Coast Emeralds attended the British Cheerleading Association National Competition in Telford. They won a gold medal in the Junior age division and also came away with three silvers, a bronze and two fifth place trophies.
Becky Copeland, joint coach and club owner, said: 'The team were over the moon when their hard work paid off and they won the gold medal in their division.'
The Angel Baton Twirlers, trained by Sarah Cullum and Claire White, won six awards at the British Baton Twirling Sports Association UK National Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Tiegan Pointer, 16, double national champion in solo twirl and dance twirl, said: 'I am so proud of my double national champion titles in the sport that I love so much. I couldn't have achieved it without the support of my two wonderful coaches.'
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive