Special open evening at Norwich Cathedral to mark the beginning of Advent
- Credit: copyright (c) paul hurst all rights reserved
Norwich Cathedral will be marking the beginning of Advent with a special open evening on Friday night.
The evening will include a short service to bless the outdoor crib, carols with the Cathedral Choir and the lighting of the cathedral's Christmas trees.
There will also be 30-minute guided tours of the cathedral, Christmas stalls, children's activities and more, and the Refectory Café and the gift shop will also be open.
The open evening will run from 6.30pm until 9pm. The crib service will be at 7pm and people are being encouraged to begin gathering at the west front of the cathedral from 6.30pm.
Throughout the festive season the cathedral will also have a Tree of Remembrance next to the outdoor crib. People are invited to write a message on a star and place it on one of the tree's branches as an act of remembrance.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Norwich Cathedral events, visit www.cathedral.org.uk
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?