Norwich Cathedral organist to play at Dereham St Nicholas
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Ashley Grote, master of music and organist at Norwich Cathedral is playing Organ Spectacular at St Nicholas Church in Dereham on Saturday September 15, 7.30pm.
The first half of the show will see him play Now Thank We All our God (Karg-Elert), Passacaglia by Bach which is then followed by Fantasia by Mozart and the wonderful Suite Gothique by Boëllmann.
Refreshments are available during the interval and the second half will see him play Mendelssohn's A Major Sonata, Ireland's Capriccio as well as others before two toccatas to finish.
The toccatas will be Humoresque by Yon and the toccata from Symphonie V by Charles-Marie Widor.
Mr Grote is well known in the community for his fundraising for Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital for which he ran a marathon in a bear costume and he was also on Master Chef.
You may also want to watch:
If you have a local event you would like to feature in community news, email email@example.com.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner