Care home residents celebrate Norfolk Day with nostalgia event
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a Norwich care home celebrated Norfolk Day with a nostalgia event.
Staff, relatives and residents gathered over cups of tea and slices of cake to share their memories of life in Norfolk, at Badgers Wood care home, in Drayton, Norwich, on Saturday, July 27.
Pauline Johnson, who lives at the home, said: "This is a great idea to celebrate what Norfolk means to us, and to get us all thinking and talking about our memories of living in this wonderful place."
While fellow resident Joan Boast added: "We are all proud of where we live, and it is lovely to see the county recognised like this."
And home manager Anne Riches said: "We are passionate about the local community, and take every opportunity to be involved in projects that truly mean something to our residents.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a great way for families, residents and staff to all come together and celebrate something we have in common - our pride in this beautiful county".
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue