Norwich care company donates 70 gifts over the festive season
- Credit: Archant
A home care company has been able to give elderly customers 70 gifts throughout the festive period as part of its 'Be a Santa to a Senior' campaign.
For the past five years, Homes Instead Senior Care Norwich has been collecting gifts to hand out to elderly users of the service.
The gifts were donated by Norfolk Knitters and Stitchers and staff at Home Instead.
The presents were distributed to the Norwich Community Hospital, the Elsing Ward at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Sprowston Lunch Club, St Cuthbert's Church and clients who otherwise would not have received a gift this Christmas.
Owner of Home Instead Norwich, Chris Carter, said: 'The 'Be a Santa to a Senior' scheme allows us to reach out to the many older people who, perhaps, don't receive as many visitors as our clients and who would really appreciate knowing that local people are thinking about them this Christmas.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information on 'Be a Santa to a Senior' go to www.homeinstead.co.uk/norwich.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award