Norwich captain Russell Martin opens new North Walsham shop
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City club captain Russell Martin has been showing his support for the wider community by opening a new shop in North Walsham.
Improve Interiors and Mamma Makes sells homeware, gifts and bespoke items and is based in the former Robin Farrow electrical shop which closed in Mundesley Road last year.
Rachel Gotts, who owns the new business with Louisa Hopson and Vicky Nokes, asked the footballer for the favour as she's a singer with the band Night Train, which performs as part of the live game show, Never Mind the Danger, which features Russell and former striker Grant Holt.
She said: 'It my husband's idea and this is my first business venture. It needed a lot of refurbishment. It was very kind of Russell to come and open it.'
The footballer said: 'It's nice to be able to help out a friend. They have done a great job here.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 8 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon