Norwich cafes shortlisted for national breastfeeding award
- Credit: Archant
Two cafes in Norwich have been shortlisted for a Feed with Confidence award.
Biddy's Tea Room on Lower Goat Lane and The Sanctuary on Grove Walk were nominated for the national breastfeeding award by local mothers.
The Feed with Confidence scheme was created by Lansinoh after conducting research to see if there is a stigma surrounding breastfeeding in public.
Results showed 46pc of people were uncomfortable witnessing a woman breastfeeding in a cafe, restaurant or pub.
The UK award scheme aims to recognise public places where breastfeeding is encouraged and mums are made to feel comfortable.
You may also want to watch:
One mother who nominated The Sanctuary said: 'The cafe itself is set up with children's toys, great coffee and couches to lounge on. I've breastfed there several times and felt completely comfortable!'
Nominations for the Feed With Confidence awards remain open until December 31. Winners will be announced in March 2018.
For more information visit lansinoh.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre