BrewDog launches dog birthday party service at Norwich pub
- Credit: Archant
Independent craft brewer, BrewDog, has announced the launch of Dog Pawties, a bespoke party service for four-legged friends.
Owners can now throw the ultimate birthday celebration for their pups at any of BrewDog's 36 bars in the UK - including the Norwich location on Queen Street.
The bar will provide dog-sized party hats, dog-friendly cake, and specially brewed dog beer for the celebrant and all attending canines.
BrewDog cofounder James Watt said: 'Dogs are as important to us as any of our two-legged craft beer drinking fans. On any given day at our bars, you're certain to see dogs of all shapes and sizes accompanying their humans. The Dog Pawties service is an extension of our desire to make our bars the most welcoming places for owners as well as their dogs.'
Last year, BrewDog became the first company to allow dogs to become 'shareholders' in the business. Today, the brewery has 144 dogs listed as honorary 'shareholders'. Each dog received a shareholder certificate and a special dog-collar to commemorate their commitment to craft beer.
Dog Pawties can be booked in advance via BrewDog's website. The dog beer, made with boiled carrots and bananas, will be brewed fresh on-site and a local pet bakery will provide the dog-safe cakes for pups to indulge in. There will be a charge of £5 for each dog in attendance.
• What do you think - a fantastic idea or a step too far? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village