Norwich BrewDog bar to become cycling club house for beer and biking fans
- Credit: Steve Adams
Norwich's BrewDog bar is to become a cycling clubhouse where bike and beer fans can meet for group rides.
The independent craft brewery said all of its UK bars will become cycling hubs as part of its new BrewDog Chain Gang initiative.
The company's bar on Queen Street will become the Norwich clubhouse.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt said: 'Our fans who are avid cyclists have been using BrewDog bars as unofficial clubhouses for years.
'With BrewDog Chain Gang, we wanted to turn it up a gear by helping our community unite their two passions of beer and bikes.'
Chapters are joined via the Strava Clubhouse portal where information on upcoming club events will also be shared.
The company said anyone can become a 'ride leader' and set up a 'chain gang chapter' in their area.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
For more information or details on how to become a ride leader visit https://www.brewdog.com/bars/chain-gang/.