Boxing Day sales in Norwich: Guide to which stores open when
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Traditionally a day when servants received boxed gifts from their wealthy employers, Boxing Day is now best known for queues of shoppers and slashed prices.
Despite ongoing concern for the high street, Norwich's Boxing Day sales continue to lure bargain hunters from their left over turkey in order to bag a deal.
Perhaps the most famous of all department store sales, Next on Hayhill will open its doors from 6am, with queues expected long before the sun comes up.
Chapelfield employees will have a comparative lie in, the shopping centre choosing to keep its doors closed until 9am.
Debenhams on Orford Place and Marks and Spencer on Rampant Horse Street have followed suit, opening from 9am until 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Over the road, Castle Mall will open its car park at 7am, but shops won't begin trading until 10am.
Controversially, Jarrolds department store will be closed Boxing Day, reopening at 9am on December 27, with John Lewis following the same idea.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list