Norwich Boots employee featured on billboard in Times Square
- Credit: Archant
A Boots employee has made it on to the big screen in America – with an appearance on a huge billboard above Times Square
Vickie Ward, who lives in Taverham, was stunned to see herself towering over the world-famous intersection in New York City.
The 28-year-old's photo was used to promote the launch of the new Boots in-store app, which she helped design and develop.
Mrs Ward, a former Acle High School student, said: 'I had no idea my picture was going on the big screen and I was totally overwhelmed by it all. My mum is bursting with pride because I was always so terrified of stuff like this at school.'
The customer assistant, who works at the company's Chapelfield store, was chosen to help create the app alongside IBM and Apple last year.
Since then she has been to numerous workshops to give feedback on the programme, which has been designed for use by staff.
It enables them to order items online for customers and provides them with more information about the products.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 8 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 9 Housing association hoping to build 461 homes in south Norfolk town
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
As part of the process, Mrs Ward was also invited out to Apple's headquarters for a week in California.
She said: 'I think I was chosen because I was the only one who talked during the workshops and I went back to give feedback.'
Mrs Ward's sister Becky Burgess, who works at the store as an assistant manager, said: 'I was very proud of her and it was all a bit surreal.
'I came running down saying 'oh my gosh' I have just seen you tagged on Facebook on a billboard in Times Square!'
Have you been chosen to appear on film or appeared on a billboard? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684