Norwich beautician finds live beetle in McDonald’s wrap
- Credit: Archant
For two Sprowston hairdressers, it was supposed to be a quick snack in between clients, but they got more than they bargained for when they visited a fast food outlet.
Millie Fulcher was about to bite into a sweet chilli chicken wrap at McDonald's when she found a live beetle nestled in the cucumber and lettuce.
The 17-year-old, who works at The Strand salon, said: 'I took the cucumber out of the wrap and I saw something crawling under it.
'I really panicked, I didn't know what it was at first.'
A spokesman for McDonald's Boundary Road branch said: 'We apologise for Miss Abbs' experience, as food quality and customer experience is of paramount importance to us.
You may also want to watch:
'Having had this brought to our attention, we have launched an investigation looking into the matter.'
Miss Fulcher, of Bowers Avenue, Mile Cross, added: 'The clients in the salon all thought it was disgusting. We were all just so shocked.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
'It has put me off all fast food now.'
The food was ordered and bought by colleague and fellow hairdresser Pippa Abbs, who reported it to McDonald's customer services.
She said: 'I was treating Millie to tea - I wish I hadn't now.
'All the clients in the salon were screaming when they saw the beetle, we just couldn't believe it.
'We usually go to McDonald's three or four times a week, but we won't anymore.'
•Have you found something strange in your food before? You can leave your comments below.