Norwich band returns after 27 years
- Credit: Archant
A band famous for playing around Norwich in the late 1980s are returning to the fine city as they make a come back.
Power-pop group The Legendary Gazelles gigged around the city from 1985 until 1989 when they split-up due to geographical differences.
They played at pubs and clubs of old, including the Jacquard on Magdalen Street.
Many of the gigs were benefits for causes such as NIREX out of Norfolk, Poll Axe The Poll Tax, the Norwich Venue Campaign, Norwich Hunt Saboteurs and Comic Relief.
The band recently got back together with the aim of playing an occasional gig and the Eclectic night on October 14, their first in 27 years
You may also want to watch:
Also on the bill on at Gringos Mexican Bar is Jacob Solstice and the cosmic, Discharge Lounge and Desert Sleds .
The night starts from 8.15 pm and entry is £2.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue