Norwich author Sarah Perry announces new novel for 2018
Norwich-based author Sarah Perry has revealed details of her third novel.
Entitled Melmoth, the book is to be published by Serpent's Tail in Autumn 2018.
Inspired by Charles Maturin's gothic tale, Memlmoth the Wanderer, Melmoth begins in present day, before taking its characters on a 'spectacular' journey through time.
Publisher Hannah Westland has described the book as 'even more ambitious and impressive than The Essex Serpent'.
She said: 'It is impossible to describe just how breathtaking, moving and haunting Melmoth is. I have never read anything quite like it, and we can't wait to publish next year.'
Perry's two previous novels, After Me Comes the Flood and The Essex Serpent, amassed success, with the latter becoming a number one bestseller, winning an array of accolades, including Waterstones Book of the Year 2016 and Book of the Year at the British Book Awards 2017.
You may also want to watch:
To date The Essex Serpent has sold 450,000 copies.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre