Norwich Astronomical Society holding stargazing event in South Walsham this weekend
Norwich Astronomical Society is holding a stargazing event at Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden, in South Walsham, on Saturday night.
Between 7pm and 11pm visitors will be able to gaze through telescopes, with members of the society on hand to interpret the night sky.
There will also be astronomy talks at 7.30pm from David Balcombe and at 9pm from Mark Shephard.
Entry on the evening is �3.50 for adults and �2 for children, with the tearoom serving soup and hot drinks.
Visitors are encouraged to wrap up warm and bring a torch, infrared, if they have one.
The gardens are nine miles east of Norwich, signposted off the A47 at the B1140 junction. For further details, go to www.fairhavengarden.co.uk or call 01603 270449.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'