Norwich artist’s work to be displayed in famous gallery
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich based artist has been given his first one-man show in central London in a gallery known for exhibiting work by artists such as Banksy and Damien Hirst.
Will Teather, 38, who is the Artist-In-Residence for Norwich Arts Centre, will be exhibiting at The Underdog Gallery, in the Railway Arches of London Bridge.
The title of the show, Maximalist Banquet, refers to the painter's interest in excess and overloading his images with both subject matter, colour and symbolism.
The artist gained wide recognition in the art world in 2015 after he broke the record for the highest sale at London's prestigious event, The Other Art Fair.
You may also want to watch:
His piece was a 360 panorama of a Norwich bookshop painted onto a sphere.
The exhibition opens on September 7 and runs through to the 25, between 12pm - 7pm Tuesday to Saturday and to 5pm on Sundays.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online