Norwich armed robber jailed
A dangerous armed robber, who escaped with £250 after a tussle with a Norwich shopkeeper, was yesterday jailed for the protection of the public.and the cash was recovered and returned to the owner.
A dangerous armed robber, who escaped with £250 after a tussle with a Norwich shopkeeper, was yesterday jailed for the protection of the public.
Adam Robinson, 25, who was carrying a knife, cut the finger of William Wright in a struggle after he held up Foodstuffs in Dereham Road, but he was arrested near the scene and the cash was recovered and returned to the owner.
At Norwich Crown Court Robinson, of Pinder Road, Norwich, was jailed for the robbery last November 18 and given an indeterminate sentence by recorder Ian Chandler, under which he will not be considered for release until he has served at least two years.
He said Robinson, who had a number of previous convictions including one for robbery, posed a risk to the public.
Charles Myatt, in mitigation, said the robbery was really a theft which went wrong. There was no large degree of planning. Robinson was walking past the shop as it was closing and took the opportunity to carry out the offence.
He said the injury caused to Mr Wright was slight adding: “Robinson has shown remorse. It was not his intention to hurt anyone.”
- 1 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 2 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 3 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 6 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 9 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 10 'You look just like her' Shop worker mistook The Queen for look-a-like
Robinson who had been addicted to drugs at the time was now on a drugs free prison wing while on remand and hoping to beat his drug problems.