Group prepares to launch amateur brewing festival
- Credit: Archant
Enthusiasts are preparing to put on a one-day festival to change perceptions of home-made beer.
The first Norwich Amateur Brewers Festival will take place on June 2 at The Coachmakers Arms on St Stephens Road from 12pm-9pm.
The festival aims to showcase the quality of small scale brewing and to support the The East Anglian Air Ambulance, which all proceeds will go towards.
Event-goers will be provided with 12 tokens, each of which entitle the drinker to one third of a pint created by amateur brewers. They can fill out a score sheet to rate the beers, which will also enter them into a prize draw for a brewing kit.
CAMRA will host three sessions on beer appreciation using the festival beers as examples, and Norwich Ukuleles will play during the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
To buy a £12 ticket visit www.eaaa.org.uk/events/norwich-amateur-brewers-festival-2018
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move