From film directors to Doris Lessing: new courses in Norwich aren’t what you expect
- Credit: Archant
For old dogs in search of new tricks, an unusual programme of classes has been announced by a Norwich adult learning course company.
The weird and wonderful classes at the Workers Educational Association (WEA) in the King's Centre in Norwich include rock and pop on film, orientalist art and British film comedy.
And if the classroom brings back bad memories there are also three guided walks in North Norfolk and day courses Anteros Arts Foundation on Fye Bridge Street on offer.
Robin Purnell, from WEA, said: "The courses aim to be friendly, informal and enjoyable, with expert tutors and no exams and fees are kept as low as possible."
Prices start at £42.50 for a five week course and range to £85 for a ten week course. Day courses cost £60.
You may also want to watch:
Times vary but the majority of courses are held weekday mornings and afternoons.
For more information https://bit.ly/2KdEmpe
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich